Sunday, August 10, 2008

TLC's SF Recap

Since I actually left the conference hotel this time (before, during, and after the conference) I'm going to share some of my favorite pics from my days in the Bay Area. Enjoy.

My CP Sharie Kohler (aka Sophie Jordan) and me on our first day out.


Our first Cable Car ride ... where the passengers had to get out and push (yes push) the car back on track. Why? Because we had no brakes. Details.


The statue of someone famous at the base of Coit Tower.


A very cool starfish at the Bay Aquarium (which was way awesome because you go through two tunnels where leopard sharks, schools of tiny silver fish, and other scary things swim right over you).


My parents and me on the boat to cruise the Bay. It was free-ee-eezing!


The cruise actually went under the Golden Gate Bridge. Not that we could see the bridge, thanks to all the fog.


My parents and I drove down the coast hunting for a swimable beach (impossible) and tidepools (success!). This trip sadly ended with me getting attacked by waves twice, leaving me with wet pants and soaked sneakers.


We also did the obligatory night in Chinatown. This was somehow more awesome than usual, though, considering the Beijing Olympics were set to open within days.

All in all I had an awesome time in San Francisco. And I can't wait to get out of the hotel again--what are conferences for if not sightseeing?

Hugs,
TLC

OH. MY. GODS. (available now!)
GODDESS BOOT CAMP (coming May 2009)
http://teralynnchilds.com

5 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Tera, you always post the most incredible travelogs, and today is no exception!

Marley Gibson said...

Love the pics, Tera! Especially of the passengers PUSHING the trolley car. Too funny! Looks like you had a fab time! It was certainly great seeing you.

stephhale said...

Great pics, TLC! I love the one of the starfish. :)

The Golfing Librarian said...

The last time I went S.F.,I too took the obligatory cruise of the Bay and saw nothing but fog. Afterward, we went to the Zoo where a seagull made a "deposit" on my then Mother-in-Law. (Insert Mother-in-Law jokes here!)

Shannon McKelden said...

Great pics, Tera! And I want to give a shout-out to all the Buzz girls I know and adore and the ones I just got to meet! It was wonderful to meet Tera and Simone finally! Congrats again to Tera on her tv/movie option deal. How fantastic is that??

Thanks to Marley for the friendship and advice...you rock!

Thanks to Dona and Heather, my Seattle pals, as always, for just being to great big bright and smiley spots in my life!

As for Steph and Tina...if you were there, I'm SOOO sorry I missed you! Maybe we can cross paths in DC?

Shannon