Saturday, June 18, 2011

My most influential elders...

This week we're celebrating the lovely Heather Davis' RITA nomination (and probable win) of THE CLEARING. For those of you who have not been following along, THE CLEARING is the wonderful love story of star-crossed teenagers Amy and Henry who are hopelessly in love, but cannot be together. Why not? Grab yourself a copy and find out!

We are discussing elders who have influenced us in positive way. In THE CLEARING, Amy's great-aunt is a wonderful shoulder for her to cry on during a big transformational point in her life.

The elder who has influenced me the most have been my maternal grandmother. I have no picture to share right now (all of my pics are in Michigan), but she was a truly lovely woman who loved luxury, to have fun and above all, her family. I like to think I'm just like her... :)

Please leave comments about influential elders from your own life to be entered into the contest!

--Dona

1 comment:

TinaFerraro said...

Aw, that's sweet, Dona. Mine was my maternal grandmother, as well!