Monday, June 16, 2008

Read!

Question: What do Tony Hawk, Orlando Bloom, Ethan Hawke and Tina Ferraro all have in common?

Hint: It ain’t youth and good looks!

Answer: Thanks to Jennifer Rummel, the YA Librarian at Otis Library, we all have library posters, encouraging young people to read.







I don’t know about you, but I love seeing those celeb posters in my local library, so when Jennifer put out the call to create them for her MySpace author friends, I jumped to send her a recent picture of myself with my book. In fact, she’s been kind enough to offer to do the same for any interested Buzz Girls and Buzz Girl author friends...so if you fit this description, contact her at www.myspace.com/yabooknerd.





align="left">

So tell me, if you could propose any celebrity for a READ poster, who would it be? (I’d give an answer, but I think Steph already gave it for me in her Friday post.)

Instead of listing What I’m Reading this week, I’m substituting Favorite MySpace Comment from this week: “I luv yr books”. (And may I just say I luv readers who tell me they luv my books!)

Tina

Tina Ferraro
How to Hook a Hottie - Book Sense Top Teen Pick
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress - Finalist, National Reader’s Choice Awardwww.tinaferraro.com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
You're in great company and that's a great photo.

I like seeing famous sports figures on READ posters. So, jocks would know that you can be good at sports, but also a good reader.

Janie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Tina!
I'd love to see Paul Pierce, Anne Hathaway, Stephenie Meyer, JK Rowling, Blake Lively, and the Gilmore Girls mother/daughter team (yes, I still miss that show)

Simone Elkeles said...

Okay, I have to do that poster too! I have been waiting to lose 50 pounds, but I'm not doing that great...Tina, I love your pic!

Cara King said...

I want a poster of Voldemort. The caption: READ...OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO A BOGGART.

And then they can have a poster with a picture of my cat. Caption: READ, SO I CAN SIT ON YOUR BOOK AND ANNOY YOU.

BTW, love your poster!

Cara

Anonymous said...

All of those look great except for Ethan Hawke, for whom I have a loathing that exceeds all bounds.

Christina said...

I like Cara's ideas, but lets see... I'd have to say Capt. Jack Sparrow. He could have his compass, a book, and a funny look on his face.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Janie.

Jennifer, great choices, and hope you can make that happen! :) Simone's is one I KNOW you can create, so Simone, get a picture over to her!

Clever ideas, Cara and Christina!

Yeah, not everyone loves Ethan these days, Anon...

C.R. Evers said...

Ohhhh! cool! You're right up there with the big boys. I can't think of anyone in particular. I think any celebrity/character endorsing reading would be good.

I love the ideas everybody has.

I think, maybe I'd like to see you on a skateboard like Tony Hawk. ;0) He makes it look so easy, doesn't he?

Christy

TinaFerraro said...

See me on a skateboard? LOL. My, my, a diving board is about as risky as I get...

Marley Gibson said...

Your poster is awesome, Tina. I think it's great that you get messages like that from your fans. You deserve it!

stephhale said...

Your poster is awesome, Tina! And you know I want Shia on a poster. I'd probably try to steal it from the library though! :)

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Tina, that is an AWESOME poster....I am so proud of you! i WANT a Tina pister for my office at work (for inspiration and bragging rights!)

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks Marley, Steph and Dona on your collective "awesome" comments! I think it's pretty awesome, too, to see my face like that!

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW... I wonder if I'm too old to hang up a poster of that cute little Orlando Bloom! hmmmm