Saturday, June 07, 2008

Taking a stab at Diana's MeMe

I've just loved reading everyone's answers to Diana's meme tag. Now it's my turn!

You're feeling: It's Saturday! How do you think I feel? Relaxed. Rested. Happy that I'm not commuting. Hopeful that I can go to the beach and get some sun today.

To your left: Mike, my hubby, working on his laptop.

On your mind: My next GHOST HUNTRESS book...THE GUIDANCE. Must start writing it!

Last meal included: Pancakes and bacon...mmm....baaaaaaaacoooooon.

You sometimes find it hard to: Wake up at 5:50 a.m. each morning. Bleck.

The weather: Supposed to be in the 90's today...although it's been 55-ish and rainy the last few days. More bleck.

Something you have a collection of: Matches. I don't smoke, but I love collecting match covers. Where ever I go, if they have matches, I grab a few.

A smell that cheers you up: Chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven.

A smell that can ruin your mood: Ben-Gay. Bleck! Nassssstay. Had a guy at work the other day who lathered up in it. Not only did it put me on perpetual gag, but it gave me a splitting headache as well. I ratted him out to the Sales Manager who told him, "Dude...don't do that in here."

How long since you last shaved: Tuesday...so I could wear my cute new skirt to my niece's high school graduation.

The current state of your hair: Curly...ahhh...fresh perm.

The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): My printer. Or my stuffed penguin that Pam Claughton gave me when I sold my sorority books.

Your skill with chopsticks: Quite good. In fact, I have my own set of them that I use now instead of the woody ones you get with your delivery.

Which section you head for first in a bookstore: Yeah, I admit it...Young Adult. I look for my books and those of all my friends. I'm also a serial book turner...meaning, I'll face friends' books out front for all to see. I also get to visit my books now that are displayed in the front window at Borders on Boylston Street in Boston.

Something you’re craving: Fried chicken. Like, really fattening, deep-fried, crunchy crust.

Your general thoughts on the presidential race: For the first time in about eight years...hopeful. I am an unapologizing, unabashed Obama supporter and have been for him since the moment he announced that he was running. I'm quite stoked by the idea of a young president and one that's close to my age. I think it's an amazing opportunity for our great country. I just hope that no matter what people's beliefs, ideals, or preferences are...you'll get out and VOTE. It's your right as a citizen...and your vote does matter.

How many times have you been hospitalized this year: Good lord, what kind of question is that? Who's the original author of this meme? Yikes! Thank heavens, the answer is zeeeee-ro.

Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: The bathtub. A long, hot, bubble bath.

You’ve always secretly thought you’d be a good: Travel agent. I used to play travel agent when I was little. I'd make the tickets and sell them to my stuffed animals. I used to write off to chambers of commerce and get brochures of places all over the country and the world to add to my travel agent "office." Funny...my day-job is planning travel and meetings for executives in my company...maybe I secretly AM a travel agent. LOL!

Something that freaks you out a little: I can't explain why...but whenever I try to open up a can of biscuits, I KNOW it's going to make that horrendous popping sound any moment, but I still jump and scream like a little girl when the biscuits break through. Maybe I had a traumatic Jack-in-the-box experiences as a child that I don't know about.

Something you’ve eaten too much of lately: Clam chowder. Like, every day for lunch. Just ask my friend, Rebecca. I can't get enough of the stuff. If I got cut, I'd bleed creamy sauce.

You have never: Been in the Pacific Ocean. But I will change that at the end of July.

You never want to: Voluntarily jump out of an airplane. WHAT is the fun in this? Please explain to me? I don't need an adrenalin rush that badly. If I do, I'll just open a can of biscuits. {giggle}

Okay, TLC...you're tagged for the finale of this meme...

Hugs,
Marley = )

SORORITY 101: Zeta or Omega? (Available Now! Puffin Books)
SORORITY 101: The New Sisters (Available Now! Puffin Books)
GHOST HUNTRESS SERIES (Coming May 2009, Houghton Mifflin)

2 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Hello from one fried chicken lovin', wannabe travel agent to another!

Kwana said...

Mar, you are so funny. I jump too when opening a can of biscuits!!