Monday, February 23, 2009

Tina’s SUCH a tease!

Okay, for a little fun today, I thought we could play with that “book teaser meme” that’s going around.

You open up whatever book is closest to a random page (and for purposes of the Buzz Girls Blog, let’s go with the closest YA or YA-friendly book) and select two lines. With the provision that the lines are simply teasers, not spoilers (in other words, they do not give the storyline away), you then type those two lines, along with the title and author’s name.

Here’s mine from Miss Match by Wendy Toliver:


I muscle my way up the steps and “excuse me, pardon me, ouch!” my way to her side. “Why do you always have to sit in the nosebleed section?” I ask, slightly out of breath.

Who else is a tease?

Tina

The ABC's of Kissing Boys
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
How to Hook a Hottie
www.tinaferraro.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love doing things like these. :)

Here's two lines from Kissing Booth by Lexie Hill:

I couldn't really think of anything else to say until we got to the ice-cream counter and he asked me what flavor I wanted. It was so out of the ordinary that this guy I had imagined talking to so many times was actually speaking to me in real life, it took me a second to realize I was supposed to, like, respond.

Marley Gibson said...

The only YA book I have here at work is mine...LOL...here are two lines from SOROROTY 101: ZETA OR OMEGA?:

The Green Day-esque band, The Violent Hiccups, had been playing cover songs off and on all afternoon, but they were about to crank it up with some original tunes of their own for the rest of the night. Lora-Leight watched Brian tap his foot and mouth the words to the hit song as she thought He's still a babe.

Meredith said...

Two lines chosen randomly from Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz:

Unable to reach her the night before, I end up huntung her down before homeroom. We're standing in an alcove of lockers, and I'm providing cover while she stuffs the front of her dress with enough tissue paper to wrap Christmas presents in for the next two years.

stephhale said...

I just happen to have The ABC's of Kissing Boys by TINA FERRARO within arms reach so here goes.


I shot him a look. I knew I deserved at least one jab for my behavior earlier, but if Tristan and I were going to work together-especially with him in the leadership role-I was going to have to keep a strong upper hand.

TinaFerraro said...

So much fun, thanks, guys! And I suppose I need a special shout-out to Steph for having my book nearby! :)