Friday, July 03, 2009

How good of a view do you want?

When I was in high school our Economics class took a trip to Chicago. One of our stops that day was the Sears Tower. I can remember being on the 103rd floor and pressing my face against the glass to get an awesome view of the city. That was many moons ago. This week the Sears Tower (I will never call it anything else else EVER!) opened a glass floor off the 103rd floor. You can step out onto an inch and a half of glass to look out over the city. If you were crazy enough to do this you would be 1353 feet up. I've never been scared of heights but I have my limits. I will happily keep my face pressed against the glass and my feet planted firmly on several layers of concrete! How about you? Do you have the courage to walk into thin air?

Happy 4th of July everyone!


xo,
Stephanie

5 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I'd faint in dead air!

Anonymous said...

That would be SO weird. Not sure how I'd feel about it!

sunnynikki said...

I have to say that given the opportunity I'd do it. I rock climb and I trust the gear on that so I guess I'd have to just trust the fact that the people who built a glass floor knew what they were doing! Maybe I'll try to go there one day and do it

Marley Gibson said...

I think that would skeeve me out too much!!!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Not sure I'd walk out onto it, however, the firm I work for was the one to name it and design the identity for it. We didn't play a hand in building it, though. :-)

Christina