Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Essential Bad Boy Kit

Not every boy can be a bad boy. It takes that swagger, that confidence, that I-don't-give-a-$h!t attitude. But more than that, it takes a kick-butt wardrobe and a few key accessories. If you want to be a bad boy--or if you want a bad boy--make sure the following items are on your wishlist.

1. KILLER PAIR OF SHADES. They might be for staying undercover--the eyes are the most recognizable facial feature--or they might be for protecting his retinas from serious sun damage. Either way, a bad boy who's hiding his eyes might also be hiding other secrets. Deep, dark, juicy secrets.





2. FIVE O'CLOCK SHADOW. Facial hair, while uncomfortable for the significant other in certain situations, is a bad boy trademark. He's a guy that too busy bucking the rules or saving the day--in a reluctant hero kind of way--to bother with shaving regularly.






3. BUTT-HUGGING JEANS. They need to be well-worn in, just the right mix of soft and, um, not. If they are over five years old and have a few threadbare spots around the back pockets and the knees, so much the better. 10 points to Tina if she can name that well-hugged butt. =)






4. TIGHT T-SHIRT. I prefer the tight black tee (though I know some girls go for white). If the guy has the bad boy attitude to carry it off, all he needs for shirts are black tees. They're the little black dress of bad boy clothing. And boy does Ben Browder know how to wear one!






5. A TATTOO. It can say Born To Kill or I Heart Mom, but a tattoo gives instant--and indelible--bad boy cred to any guy willing to go under the needle. There is also something extra special to be said about a tattoo you can't see everyday. The hottest tat I ever saw was a celtic symbol just below the bellybutton... yum-my!





Bonus Items: Motorcycle. Scar with a history. Strategically placed dirt.

Hugs,
TLC
Growing Up Godly, Summer 2008
Dutton Children's Books

what I'm reading ... The Husband Trap by Tracy Anne Warren (RITA book #3)

8 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Oh, yeah, TLC, you totally nailed the bad boy! A black T-shirt, pair of shades, 5 o'clock shadow, tatt and the jeans...the mere thought is kicking up scenes in my head! (Good thing I'm already at the computer...)

TinaFerraro said...

Okay, it took me a few minutes to place the butt, (had to recover from the glorious sight of Mark's shoulders and smile) but might I be so bold as to suggest it belongs to my Wednesday night lover boy, James "Sawyer" Ford???

Me said...

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Remind me to give you your points in Dallas. =)

Simone Elkeles said...

TLC, you have it right ON! Those are definitely bad boy musts! In one of my books I've been working on, the guy has shades, the bod, and the motorcycle. He also happens to be in a gang. Gotta love bad boys you know are going to reform!

~Simone

stephhale said...

This was such an awesome post and SO true.
BTW, I was off working very hard today on my WIP and being a very good girl and not surfing the Net. Why am I telling you this? Because Tina needs to know that I knew that butt immediately and I totally would have beat her to the punch.
xo,
Steph (who's decided maybe she won't relinquish her B/f to Tina even though she doesn't watch Lost anymore) :)

TinaFerraro said...

Uh-oh, Steph, are we putting on our boxing gloves again? I thought we were PAST that. I thought we'd agreed he was MINE.

Good thing we're going to have all that quality time together in Dallas. We've got to get this straightened out once and for all! :)

Marley Gibson said...

Looooooooooove the Bad Boy kit. Definitely started out with the right characters there -- just loved FAST AND THE FURIOUS.

I have a bad boy in a proposal I'm working on and he's definitely got the bod, the jeans and the sunglasses going.

Marley = )

Heather Davis said...

Mmm...


That's all I have to say.

Heather