Friday, August 27, 2010

Diet Dinner?

It's been a busy few weeks for me, but I'm happy to get back into the swing of posting here at the Buzz Girls Blog!

I want to share a little story today, one I think maybe some of you can relate to. My husband and I have put on a few pounds this year, and are getting to the point where we can no longer avoid the scale or pretend our wardrobes are shrinking. So I went out and bought a low-cal/low-fat cookbook, planning to make some changes.

I found a recipe that looked good enough, showed it to my husband, and we made it. It looked something like this:


And actually, the two of us were pleasantly surprised by how good it tasted, and how full we were when we pushed away from the table. While he cleared the dishes, I opened the cookbook back up to make a notation that this recipe was a winner. That's when I saw the deal-breaker: Serves six. Uh-huh, we'd each just eaten what they considered three dinners! No wonder we felt satisfied.

So it's back to the diet dinner drawing board! Anybody have any similar experiences or tips for us?

Tina

Tina Ferraro
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys, 2010 Rita® Finalist
How to Hook a Hottie, 2009 Rita® Finalist
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

6 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

LOL! I just say everything in moderation.

nymfaux said...

lol!!! All I can say is best of luck...I'm trying to figure this one out myself!!!

Wendy Toliver said...

You know the guys who do the "Eat this, not that" books and posts? Well, they have a book (I got mine at Sam's Club or Costco) called "Cook This, Not That" and it gives VERY easy recipes that are like restaurants' most popular dishes but with way less fat and calories. It also tells you which grocery store staples (like salad dressing, hot sauce, etc) to buy and why. I'm loving it!

TinaFerraro said...

Wendy, great idea, thank you!

Marley Gibson said...

LOL Tina! Love the story. I have to say that the Weight Watcher cookbooks are FAB and the food isn't "diet" at all. It's full of flavor and you'll cook things like a chicken breast or a pork loin like you never imagined!

Frederico said...

That totally looks like something I would eat for dinner. I might be salivating.