Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's the holiday season already, seriously?

I don't know about you but I am not ready to eat Thanksgiving dinner in less than two weeks. Here in the Midwest, it's been seventy-five and sunny, not exactly turkey weather.

(Okay, maybe I will be able to convince myself to have a little bit!)


And while it's good weather to think about breaking out the holiday decorations, I'm just not in the mood when it's this warm.
I haven't even broke out my Christmas CD's yet. This year absolutely flew by and I'm just not ready. I want to slow it down so I can enjoy every single song, cookie, and gift.



Are you ready for Thanksgiving? What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving Day?



xo,

Stephanie

www.stephaniehale.com

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Steph, we're having 15 for Thanksgiving at our house, which for us is a crowd. So yes, I have actually been getting into that mode, trying to envision where everyone is going to sit--and on what--and rush-rushing the new indow shades to cover some of the new bare windows...

But Christmas? Forget about it! Too far in the future... ;)

Heather Davis said...

Steph, I love Thanksgiving food, too.

My favorite thing to make and eat is my grandma's corn pudding. It's kind of like a souffle, so yummy and light! It's just not Thanksgiving without it. ;)

nymfaux said...

NO!!!!! I'M NOT READY!!!!!!!!

I'm totally with you--this year totally flew by--Can I have my summer back??? I want a do-over!!! Halloween didn't last nearly long enough!!!

Arggg!!! I DO love the holiday season, but ever since I moved to CA, it's hard to tell WHAT season it is!!! It's too easy to lose track of time!!!

Back home, I used to break out the holiday music as early as possible, but I'm just not ready yet!!!

But I guess I'll make due, somehow...My Thanksgiving favorites are turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie!!!