Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home at Last!

After a twelve day sojourn that took me from Oklahoma to Los Angeles to Houston to Austin to Houston and finally back to Oklahoma, I am finally home in Poketown (aka Stillwater, OK). This is just my temporary home, of course, because I am working on getting to Seattle this summer, but my bed and my puppy were waiting for me, so home it is.

One of the things I love most about conferences and conventions (besides meeting fabulous fans and readers and bloggers and librarians) is getting to hang out with other writers. This always energizes me, recharges my writerly batteries and I come home eager to write-write-write.

This is an especially good thing right now because I have a book due, like, yesterday. (Okay, June 1st, but it feels really really close.) And, while I won't admit my current page count (it's pretty small) or how much I plan to write in the next two weeks (it's a lot) I will say that I'm going to be nose-to-the-grindstone to get Sweet Venom 2 done early enough to revise it before sending it off to my editor by deadline.

Before I left on my big trip I ordered a new Alphasmart. My old one had been my dear companion for many years, but the keys started getting sticky (even after I took them all off and cleaned off the sub-key gunk) and it hurt my wrists to type on it for very long. So my shiny new, non-sticky-keyed Alphie is charged and ready to go. I'm charged and ready to go. Operation: Write That Book is about to begin. (Sophie Jordan and I are going to do daily #deadlinedash check-ins on Twitter, if you want to follow our progress.)

With all the book inspiration I've accumulated in the last two weeks, I'm ready. Wish me luck!

Hugs,
TLC

7 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I love that you are on your second Alphasmart and how well that works for you!

Good luck meeting your deadline!

Senator said...

meep! I didn't even know those Alphasmart things existed. It's like a laptop without the internet or distractions - I love it!

P.S. Good luck on your deadlines!

Heather Davis said...

I started out on an Alphasmart -- they rock! Good luck on the dash, TLC!

Wendy Toliver said...

best of luck, Tera!

Marley Gibson said...

Good luck, TLC! I have no idea what happened to my Alphasmart. I think I lost it in the divorce settlement...LOL. It's a great writer's tool!

Jessica said...

Good luck, Tera!! We know you can do it. :)

stephhale said...

I've always wanted an Alphasmart. Good luck with your deadline. I bet Daisy is so glad you are finally home!