Friday, January 19, 2007

Anything but Ugly
















Since we've been discussing our favorites shows a little this week I thought I'd tell you mine. UGLY BETTY. If you aren't watching this show, you are really missing out. America Ferrara shines as the fashion-oblivious, heart-of-gold Betty Suarez.

It is amazing to me how nearly every cast member steals the spotlight, yet they come together in perfect harmony. The show has made me laugh(remember Justin using the jock strap cup across his face to look like The Phantom of the Opera?). It's made me cry (Sophia breaking the adorable Daniel Meade's heart just for a magazine cover). And I was SO excited last night when the bandages finally came off the mystery lady (I won't spoil it in case somebody's behind, but it's good!)

The show just won a Golden Globe and so did America. I think they are doing a fantastic job showing that what matters most is what's on the inside. Even the most evil castmate can't resist Betty's charm (Amanda realizing last night that Betty was so devoted to Daniel is a good example).

I'm looking forward to several seasons of Betty and can't wait until she hooks up with the adorable Henry. So what about you, are you watching?

If not, you can catch episodes on http://www.abc.go.com and if you want to know more about Betty, she's got her own website http://www.bettysuarez.com

Have a great weekend everybody!

xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

7 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Steph, it is on my to-do list to catch these episodes on the website. It sounds like a terrific show, and thanks for this blog post!

As far as other shows, I am also watching "Desperate Housewives" and waiting for "Lost" to return. I love "24", as I mentioned, but I'm more the marathon DVD watcher, so I wait for those to come out.

Tina

www.tinaferraro.com

Marley Gibson said...

I adore this show and have since Betty walked into her first day of work with her "best outfit" of the Guadalajara poncho. Brilliant! And I loved the twist last night with the mystery lady. (I won't spoil it either.) The show is heartwarming, fun, funny and overall entertaining.

Marley = )
http://www.marleygibson.com

Simone Elkeles said...

Steph,

I saw her in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and thought she did an awesome job in that movie!

I wish I was as "fat" as her.

Simone Elkeles

www.simoneelkeles.com

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I really want to watch this show! I hope it comes out on DVD this summer so I can catch up before season II.

I love seeing ethnic characters in major roles, but then I'm biased.

:)

Young Adult Authors said...

OMG, did you see America accept her Golden Globe? It was so sweet. She talked about the themes of the show and brought tears to the eyes of many of the other actors in the audience. She's awesome. And, I loved her in Real Women Have Curves. Put it on your Netflix list if you haven't seen it. Great movie.

Anonymous said...

Wow, when I saw previews for this I never, ever realized it was America! I love her. This show is now on my definite must-see list! Thanks Steph.

TinaFerraro said...

Steph, I watched the first episode on the website last night--and I'm hooked! Thanks so much!

Tina