Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hang 'Em High

A case could be made that today’s topic is just another excuse to post a picture of “Lost” hottie, Josh Holloway.



And while I admit to nothing (a-hem), it was actually a quote he made in a recent issue of Britain's Star magazine that got me jump-started:

"I love it when a woman wears killer high heels,” he said. “They look amazing. Though at the same time you've got to wonder how they walk in them.”

First I’d like to say that I’m glad he has no first-hand experience in wearing in high heels. Because while they might be a turn-on for him on a woman, they are the opposite for me on a man!

But secondly, I’m totally with him on the “amazing” aspect. I’ve loved high heels my whole life, from test-drives in my mother’s heels to my earliest starter pairs, and then watching my collection grow in all directions from chunky heels to stilettos, from one inch to three inch, from black to red to aqua blue.



Not only do I think women look terrific in them, but they are my own personal confidence boosters. They give me height, make me feel like my weight is more distributed, and bestow on me this sort of grown-up magic, like I can--and will--take on the world.

Believe me, if one of my books is ever nominated for a Rita, you can go to the bank that I’ll show up in three inchers--and probably fall on my face walking up the stairs if my name is called.



Which is not to say I am a shoe-aholic. I spend much of my time in sneakers or barefoot. But whenever I’m looking at a social situation that gives me a moment’s hesitation, you don’t find me diving for cover as much as diving for my high heels...

How about you? Are you with Josh Holloway and me? (Oh, I loved saying that!) Or do you find high heels too uncomfortable or over-rated?

Tina

www.tinaferraro.com
Top Ten Uses for An Unworn Prom Dress, March, 2007
How to Hook a Hottie, Spring 2008

9 comments:

stephhale said...

Oh, I do love me some Josh. His pic makes me feel guilty though b/c I haven't watched any of the Lost episodes hanging out there on my Tivo list. I just haven't been feeling Lost this season.
Anyhoo, as someone who wears Borns or Nikes most of the time, I have to admit I'm not coordinated enough to wear very high heels. I love the look of them, but I'd rather not end up in the ER. When dressing up I usually keep my heels pretty medium-sized.
xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

Anonymous said...

Being 5'9" and having a 5'10" husband, I rarely wear very high heels, but I do have to say I feel extra sexy on the rare occasions that I do. And my DH doesn't mind one bit! As for walking, I just take my time and "work it."
I have to say, I LOVE the look of wearing pointy-toed stilettos with very long jeans, and now that I can find jeans with a 34" inseam, I'm all over that trend, baby.

xoxo
Wendy T

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I used to LOVE to wear high heels. The last time pair I wore, actually looked a lot like the photo in your blog. They were Philip Weitzmans that I wore to my daughter's wedding. And then I BROKE my foot. Not in those heels, in a different pair. And it sure makes a difference in the shoes I wear now.

But there is nothing like a really sexy pair of shoes to make me feel sexy. It's hard to throw any of them away.

TinaFerraro said...

Steph, I can't buh-leeve you have unwatched episodes of "our boy". Step to it! :)

Wendy, I love the look of heels with jeans, too--in fact, my daughter and I "share" a pair of high heeled boots for that very purpose.

Janie, yeah--your broken foot. Well, even though it's technically mended, I hope it's someday strong enough that you find yourself back in big heels!

Thanks for commenting!

Tina

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I have to say I admire a woman walking in in three-inch heels, but heck no would I ever wear them willingly! I can't afford a broken ankle. ;D

Marley Gibson said...

Janie...I feel your pain! Literally. I broke my left foot on March 2nd of last year and it's taken forever to get back the confidence to wear heels again. I can't wear the heels like I used to, but I have gone to lower heels that I like. Amazing how one stupid bone in your foot can slow you down for so long. Hope you're doing okay!

Marley = )
http://www.marleygibson.com

Young Adult Authors said...

Uh, ladies... did you see me hobble up to the stage in Atlanta? I'm horrible on heels. They look awesome, but they hurt my feet. Maybe I've just been wearing country shoes or fishing boots for too long...

I do have one pair of gold strappy sandal heels from Reno -- they're broken in after two years of me hobbling around at writers' conferences. They're comfy now. I wish I could clone them.

TinaFerraro said...

Kelly, when you're nominated for a Rita, I'm going to take you shoe shopping! :)

Marley, sorry about your broken foot, too...I know from hanging with Janie how long the recuperation time is.

Heather, broken-in high heels are the stuff that dreams are made of. Keep those puppies in a safe place! :)

Tina

Simone Elkeles said...

In that pic Josh looks like (I'm sorry to say) K-Fed.

Just an observation...

~Simone Elkeles
www.simoneelkeles.com