Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hump Day Hottie #18

TAR HEEL BOYZ

There must be something in the North Carolina water, because they grow them tall down there. (And, on occasion, dark and handsome, too.) I've known three guys from North Carolina in my life. So far.

The first Tar Heel I met was in my Masters Program, a sweet guy named Chris who was a little goofy and a lot tall--like 6'4".

Then, in my short but sweet time in Boston, I had a housemate from North Carolina (Hi Tres!) who is also tall, super-sweet, and one of the cutest guys I've ever known. He's also getting his doctorate in Chemistry. Who knew Chem geeks could be hotties?

And now for my most recent (and favorite) NC native: Top Chef contestant Sam Talbot. Okay, so I don't really know Sam... but what I wouldn't give to meet him over a hot stove! (By now everyone knows how I feel about that dark curly hair.) For the unitiated, Top Chef is like the Project Runway of cooking and Sam is one of the best. Originally from the Tar Heel state, he's now the executive chef at a restaurant in NYC--and was voted one of the city's sexiest chefs. Too bad he has a girlfriend.

So... input time. Since I've spent 90% of my life in either the North or the West--and I'm still not sure if three years in Texas counts as the South or not--I'm not qualified to make generalizations. Is it Southern boyz in general? Or does North Carolina have some special corner on the tall, dark, and hottie market?

3 comments:

Marley Gibson said...

Love TOP CHEF and have been cheering for Sam all along. He's been the best chef consistently and he is awfully cute. I'd like to see him without his hair pulled back, though. LOL!!

Marley = )
http://www.marleygibson.com

TinaFerraro said...

I've never spent any quality time in NC, but as I read this, what flashed through my mind was all the girls I've known who have either applied or attended universities in North Carolina. Hmmm...now I realize they knew something I didn't!

I've often found guys from Wisconsin and Minnesota great to look at. Maybe all their big, Nordic ancestors? Who knows?

Tina

Young Adult Authors said...

I love that SAM! He really is a hottie. But you know what? I think the whole Carolina thing, aside from looks, is the drawl. Love a sweet talking boy who drawls. :)