Saturday, January 20, 2007

Desperate Teens


While we're on the subject of great shows -- I have to say I'm still loving Desperate Housewives.

In particular, I'm loving the storyline with Susan's daughter Julie (played by Andrea Bowen) and Bree Vandekamp's daughter Danielle aka Miss VandeTramp.

Julie's wrestling with the question about going further with her boyfriend, but she doesn't know he's cheating with Danielle....

I know it's over the top melodrama, but I'm so psyched they are giving the teen characters some plot twists and turns of their own.

I've also been really impressed with how much Julie has grown as a character on the show. Despite the crazy circumstances all around her, she's dealing with real teen issues and their consequences.

So, yay for Desperate Housewives and yes, you can watch the episodes online at http://abc.go.com ! This is great if you're also a fan of the Grease show, You're the One That I Want which is on at the same time as DH. (Love shows that feature people going for their dreams!!)

And it's particularly great since I don't have TiVo... or um, cable for that matter.

Vive la free tv!

Heather Davis is the author of Never Cry Werewolf coming in 2008 from HarperCollins

5 comments:

stephhale said...

I liked this storyline too, Heather. I nearly cried when Susan had to tell Julie about her B/f cheating last week. I think everybody can probably relate to that scorching pain of a love who is untrue.

xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

TinaFerraro said...

I'm a Desperate Housewives fan, too, and also impressed with this new look into Julie's life. And the nickname "Miss VandeTramp" is not only fitting, but made me LOL.

Andrew's story has held my interest in previous seasons--in fact, I keep hoping he'll figure bigger this season.

Yea for the DH teens!

Tina

www.tinaferraro.com

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a DH fan, too. And for awhile there I thought it had lost its way. This new teen thread has added life to the show. I can't wait to see what happens tonight.

Janie

Anonymous said...

Heather, I feel you. While I was in Boston I had no TV so I lived off internet re-broadcasts! I have to say, I watched the first few episodes of DH and then kinda lost interest... but I'm loving You're the One That I want. Did you see that girl dump her boyfriend because he got through and she didn't? Priceless.

Young Adult Authors said...

Totally saw that episode, Tera. The boyfriend had only been in NY like, two weeks and the girlfriend (now ex) had been there about six months, I think.... Talk about jealousy. After all the hubbub about how no matter who got it, they'd support the other. And HELLO -- they weren't competing for the same part! That's what gets me. She lost playing Sandy on her own. He had nothing to do with it!

Ugh. The humanity.