Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hump Day Hottie #19

Celebrity Makeovers... Better or Worse?

How many of you have ever done a makeover? Come on, admit it. Whether it was your hair, your room, or your guy... have you ever undertaken a complete overhaul? Just said, "Enough is enough. It's time for a major change."?

Well, I have. Many, many, many times. In my near and distant past I have gone from my natural blah brown hair to raven black, fiery red, and champagne, honey, and caramel blonde. From near-to-waist length to above-the-chin bob. At least once every three months I get the uncontrollable urge to rearrange my bedroom entirely--move the bed to the other wall, change out this dresser for that trunk, buy all new bedding.

Why do I do this? I think it's in our genes. As girls, I think we have a makeover gene that compels us to turn something into something else. Something (potentially) better. But we're not the only ones doing it. Celeb guys are changing up their looks as much as the girls--sometimes I think the guys make even more changes. Probably because their hair grows back so much faster. In some ways I admire those who are able to stick with one, classic, perfect-for-them style for the long haul. On the other hand, you have to give props to the guy who shaves it all off for a role.

Here are some of my fave celebs made-over... you decide whether they were made-better... or worse.

Wentworth Miller. Before he shaved it all off? Unknown. Virtually anonymous actor... just another one of the Hollywood hopefuls. After? Mega-star of smokin' hot series Prison Break and heartthrob to bad boy lovers everywhere.

My opinion? Much, much better.


Zac Efron. Before? Absolutely adorable, sweetheart star of High School Musical. Legions and legions of screaming fangirls. (Probably fanboys, too.) After he dyed and cut his hair for the upcoming Disney flick Hairspray? Um... questionable. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Zac. But I definitely prefer the shaggy brown floppy hair to the fifties slick style.

My opinion? Worse.

Brad Pitt. Okay, this guy has gone through almost as many style changes as me. Long, flowing locks in Legends of the Fall. Cute 90s cut (left) circa The Favor. Spikey bedhead (right) from Ocean's Eleven. And finally the drool-worthy buzz cut he's currently sporting. Has he ever made a wrong move?

My opinion? It's all good by me.

PS--This post is a lead-in to my own hair appointment on Friday. Tune in next week to see how extreme my own makeover is.

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Several years ago, I did a make-over from short, dark hair to shoulder-length streaked blonde, and I don't ever plan to go back!

As far as your hotties, I'll go on record as saying Brad Pitt's never had a bad day--oh, wait, except when he was making Trainspotting and the homeless look going on...

Tina

stephhale said...

I dyed my hair really dark almost black once. I have no idea why. It was scary. I can't wait to see your new hair.

xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

Simone Elkeles said...

I think Zac looks weird with dark hair. I wish he'd go back to the way he was!

~Simone

www.simoneelkeles.com

Young Adult Authors said...

I did a litte mini-makeover with highlights for last year's Golden Hearts. I think it's totally fun to reinvent yourself once in a while. And woooo. Wentworth. Yummo.