Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hump Day Hottie #16

Forgive the babble...

As you scroll down through the hotties I've posted today you may notice a theme... they all play/played doctors on TV. Now let me explain why by giving you a quick recap of my holidays. When I flew home to Las Vegas from Boston last month I started to get sick just before catching my plane. By the time I got home I had the plague--complete with nonstop runny nose, headaches, body aches, and general misery. After about five days of solid recuperation (read: sleep, sleep, sleep) I was feeling much better. I was even starting to get excited about travelling to Wisconsin for Christmas and then to Houston for a wedding. (Okay, not really. The last time I was in Wisconsin I had gotten sick, but as I was fully recovered I was at least not dreading the trip).

So, I finish my Christmas shopping, pack everything up, and head to Wisconsin. Via a three hour layover in Houston, but I'm trying to stay positive. Christmas in Wisconsin was fun because I got to see my two year old cousin for the first time. (Hi, Elizabeth!) Then my parents and I drove to Minneapolis to wait for our flight to Houston. And to visit the Mall of America. (For the uninitiated, the Mall of America is like the biggest mall in the world.) That night I started feeling tired and achy. But I persevered, catching our flight to Houston the next day and even making it through the rehearsal dinner with the wedding party.

By the next morning I felt like garbage. Achy. Tired. Nauseous. Generally, like a piece of $h!t. I managed to make it through the wedding but had to skip the reception. Now, back home in Vegas, I'm on antibiotics and antihistimines and still generally miserable. Is this just bad luck? Stress? Rushing to get all the last-minute holidays jobs done? I don't know, but I think I've had my fill of sick for the year and the year is only 3 days old. So... as you can see I could use some healing hand right now. Even fictional ones. (And for anyone hiding under some moss-covered rock for the past two decades, the TV docs are, from top to bottom, George Clooney as Dr. Doug Ross on ER, Julian McMahon as Dr. Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck, and Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy.)

7 comments:

Marley Gibson said...

Poor Tera!!! Hope you're feeling better now.

And hands off McDreamy! He's mine. Patrick Dempsey had me Ronald Miller when I first saw him in 1986 in CAN'T BUY ME LOVE. Tickles me to death that he's having such great success!

Marley = )
...hoping to see you at the NEC meeting in a couple of weeks

TinaFerraro said...

Sorry you've been so sick, TLC, and hope the anti's kick in soon.

Regarding Patrick Dempsey, I may have to fight you girls for him. I first sat up and took notice when he did a TV movie called "A Season In Purgatory", realized he was one of those guys who was going to just get better with age.

And of course, I've already gone on record here about how I feel about George Clooney!

Rest up, Tera!

Tina

stephhale said...

You girls can have McDreamy because Dr. Christian Troy is all mine!
I hope you get to feeling better, Tera. That stinks. I've been sick too and just can't seem to kick it. Maybe it's a buzz girls thing? ha!
I'm still jealous you're in LV. :)
Get Well Soon!
xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

Anonymous said...

You left off House! Wop you with his cane :) :) LOL

Anonymous said...

I love Julian! Dr. Troy is such a man-whore, but I love him on that show. I haven't watched it in a long time, but the last episode I saw was season finale and it had to do with that slasher person. I thought he was going after his partner, but instead it went after him. Yikes!

And then we forgot when the new season came out...

Young Adult Authors said...

Okay, I have seen Grey's Anatomy. Dude, they were just filming downtown in my city! But, I don't watch the other shows. I mean, I did watch ER, but I loved Luka! And Dr. Carter, you can't forget him. :)

Simone Elkeles said...

Tera, I hope you feel better. Keep that great TLC spirit alive and kickin'!

George Clooney is too old, I've never been one to drool over him.

I don't watch the other shows, but I do remember Patrick Dempsey from Can't Buy Me Love. Didn't think he was all that back then, but he's pretty cute now all grown up.

~Simone