Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What--You'll Be Here in 5 Minutes???

We’ve all had this happen. We’re lazing around the house, reading, doing homework or whatever, and a call comes in. An old friend--or more urgently, a new guy--is headed over. In 5 minutes. What to do to rejuvenate ourselves?


Well, I don’t pretend to have all the answers, but the following is a list I’ve come up with to help save the day (and your confidence):

--Whatever you’re wearing, upgrade it. Put on a belt, grab a long, knitted scarf, slip on good shoes, maybe heels or boots.

--Brush and spray your hair.

--Remove any smudged eye make-up with cleanser on cotton (careful not to remove foundation or cheek color) and reapply.

--Add some lipstick or gloss.

--Take a long look at yourself in the mirror and breathe. Don’t forget--beauty starts from within.

Okay, what did I miss? What tips can you add to save us from our next bouts of 5 Minute Madness?

Tina

www.tinaferraro.com
Top Ten Uses for An Unworn Prom Dress, March, 2007
How to Hook a Hottie, Spring 2008

8 comments:

stephhale said...

Tina~
I wish I could help, but these days it takes A LOT more than 5 minutes to get my appearance even halfway decent! :)
xo,
Steph
www.stephaniehale.com

TinaFerraro said...

LOL! Me, too, Steph!

My teenaged daughter read this post as she was flying off to school and told me to say she'd "totally change her outfit." That odds are, if she was lying around doing homework and stuff, that she'd be in sleep pants or something old and comfy, and not something she'd want to be "seen" in.

Good point!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Tina,
In may case, I'd be rushing around picking up my house! I usually have laundry lying around and books and papers. So, it would be my house which needed a make-over. Oh, and I would brush my teeth.
Fun post.
Janie

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Tina, those are great tips and I would do all of those, do a quick mess pick up, and probably brush my teeth, too. haha!

Marley Gibson said...

Perfume. Always want to smell good. :::giggle:::

Marley = )
http://www.marleygibson.com

Anonymous said...

I'm with Janie--usually I'm on a whirlwind housecleaning spree (dishes, dirty clothes, and stacks and stacks of papers/books/notes/magazines all get hidden away). Then, if there's any time left, swipe on deodorant, mascara, and gloss. Oh, and make sure I have a bra on!

Simone Elkeles said...

I agree with marley that deod is a great tool. (Did you hear Matthew McConahey - totally misspelled his name) doesn't wear deoderant but has his own concoction he puts on. He said on Oprah that a man should smell like a man.

Eyeliner for me is a must (Marley knows this - we both are a fan of the liquid kind). Once I went to a movie without eyeliner and this guy I liked was there and asked if I was sick.

~Simone Elkeles
www.simoneelkeles.com

Anonymous said...

Ummm...in my case, it would probably involve actually GETTING dressed. =) When I don't have to go anywhere, I usually stay in my pajamas, which means I'd have to find my bra and some decent clothes. Good thing my house isn't too big! LOL