Sunday, March 14, 2010

Book Trailers

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE watching book trailers. This one is amazing, don't you think? The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. (I just barely started reading this book, by the way.) Or check this one out: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. It's like a mini-movie! And so is The Karma Club by Jessica Brody's book trailer.

Yesterday my husband and I headed to Hastings (which I have to say is always so supportive of its local authors) to film what will eventually become the book trailer for my June 8th release, Lifted. While I adore the trailers for The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren and Miss Match (thank you Air Productions Co!) I thought it would be fun to do something a little less traditional, a little crazy, and maybe even a little illegal when it came to Lifted. So, with the help of my husband and my brother (who is putting it all together for me), I'm hoping it will be awesome!
What's YOUR favorite book trailer?

6 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

So exciting about the book trailer for LIFTED, Wendy!

I particularly like Simone's RULES OF ATTRACTION trailer. It so happens that I know Patrick Peach, her producer, and am familiar with his strong work ethic, so no surprise that two such talented people collaborated on that fine production.

Unknown said...

In my classroom we do trailer Tuesdays, and I show 1-3 trailers at the start of class. The kids love it, and they do hook them on to some books. The best we've watched lately was the one for A Whole Nother Story. Super cute!

Wendy Toliver said...

I'll have to check those trailers out! And what a great idea to start class with viewings!

Bidisha said...

I heart book trailers! Oooh..I'm intrigued about the Lifted book trailer. Will have to watch out.

My favourite book trailer is Jacqueline Wilson's My Sister Jodie.

Wendy Toliver said...

Cool, Bee! I'm going to check that one out now. :)

Heather Davis said...

I'm not a big fan of book trailers, Wendy - but that's because I would much rather pick up a book and read the back cover and the first page than watch a video about it... I can't wait to see yours, though - it sounds like it will break the mold!