Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Buzz Girl in the Big Apple

Last week I was a baaad Buzz Girl. I totally forgot to post. And you wanna know why? Because I was kicking off my big seven week adventure with a few days in the NYC. Specifically, Tuesday was the day I met with my editor and got taken to lunch at a fabulous restaurant called--wait for it ... Lily's! Yes, just like the main character in FORGIVE MY FINS. (My Lily, by the way, would have approved.)

(Me at HarperCollins)

New York always holds a special place in my heart. As a kid who moved around a lot (A LOT) growing up, the two places that feel most like home are New York and Boulder, both places where I went to school and did a lot of personal development. I lived in New York for nearly four years, and boy do I miss it.

(Me at Sardi's)

Every time I visit, it's like I'm back where I belong. If--no, scratch that ... WHEN I have the money, I'd move back to the city in a heartbeat. Because now, not only does New York feel like home, but it's also the epicenter of my career. That doesn't mean you have to live in New York to be a writer--although history and nostalgia are definitely in that favor--but it does mean there are lots of other writers there, too. And, as any writer can tell you, being able to talk and share and whine and cry and celebrate with other writers is invaluable.

(Times Square at Night)

So don't be surprised, if you see FORGIVE MY FINS flying off the shelves or roaring to life on the big screen, to find I've moved back to my hometown.

Hugs,
TLC

5 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I grew up in Westchester County, and have a very special place in my heart for New York, too!

Sounds like a perfect trip...and hope you had a slice of cheese pizza for me!

Mena said...

I'm jealous! I've never been to NYC, but I've always wanted to go.

~Jamie said...

That looks so fun. I've never been to NY--this little Texas girl would be so ascared!

Wendy Toliver said...

I got to go to NYC for the first time 2 Decembers ago. My husband and I had a marvelous time. Though I love visiting big cities like LA, NYC, London, and Paris (I think those are probably the biggest I've been to), I love living in small towns like the one I live in now. (I'm with ~Jamie on that one.)

Heather Davis said...

Looks like a great trip, Tera! I bet your editor was psyched to see you again.

I love NYC!