Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Traveling, Eh

My trans-continental journey continues. Since my last post, I've headed into the great white north, visiting first Montreal (aka my home from ages 4-8) and now Quebec City.

One of my favorite things about visiting a new place is catching a little local TV. Especially the commercials. And I already have a favorite.

Anyone who saw the closing ceremonies of the Olympics knows that Canadians have a special talent for making fun of themselves. (This is, I think, an excellent trait in anyone, let alone an entire country.) Well, this commercial exemplifies that.

FYI, Tim Horton's is kind of like a Canadian McDonald's, and the commercial is about their annual prize fest.



(Sorry for the poor quality. I couldn't find an official version of the video, so I had to make do with a YouTube copy.)

I have to say, I laugh myself silly every time this commercial comes on. As a former almost-Canadian (okay, Canadian resident) I hope I've earned the right.

Hugs,
TLC

OH. MY. GODS. and GODDESS BOOT CAMP (out now)
FORGIVE MY FINS (coming June 1, 2010)

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Wonderful, eh? Thanks Tera, and glad you're enjoying your trip!

Wendy Toliver said...

I love Canada!

Marley Gibson said...

Oh Tera....for shame! LOL! Tim Horton's is NOTHING like McDonald's. Tim Horton's is more like a Dunkin Donut...but with yummy sammiches. It's the best place on earth and their iced coffee is to die for. I loves me some Tim Horton's! A box of Timbits to go, please! = )

Heather Davis said...

Sounds like you're having fun, Tera!