Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh, Yeah, I Do Have Some News...

The ever-lovely Stephanie Hale “outed” me on Friday as having good news to share today. I teased her a little in her comments about not knowing what she was talking about...but the truth is, yeah, I do have some news.

Last Thursday, the Romance Writers of America Rita® award finalists were announced, and I was lucky enough to get a call.

Here’s the list of 2010 Finalists for Best Young Adult Romance:

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
Don’t Judge a Girl by her Cover by Ally Carter
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro
Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

I am thrilled to be included with such talented authors! And must of course give a special shout-out to Simone Elkeles who was one of the first Buzz Girls, and will always remain one at heart!

The ceremony is being held at the national conference on July 31 in Nashville, TN...and I do believe all Buzz Girls will be in attendance. So I’m thinking pictures, pictures and more pictures. And lots of fun!

I hope we see some our readers there, too!

Tina

Tina Ferraro
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys, 2010 Rita® Finalist
How to Hook a Hottie, 2009 Rita® Finalist
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats, Tina! I am so excited for you!!

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Such fantastic news Tina...we are *SO* proud of you and your fab book! Can't wait for Nashville...just 4 more months!

BookChic said...

Congrats! I'm going to do my best to come this year too for the free author signing, lol. Hope to see you again!!

C.R. Evers said...

YaY, Tina! You deserve this! A great big Congrats! :0)

Wendy Toliver said...

So so so exciting! I can't wait to cheer you on, Tina darling.

Cara King said...

Yay, Tina!!!

I wish I were going to be there at National to cheer you (and everybody else) on! Truly a lot of great talent nominated this year!

Cara

TinaFerraro said...

Aw, thanks, everyone! And it's so fun to share this with all of you!

Heather Davis said...

Woo hoo, Tina! I'm so happy you made the list. Can't wait to cheer you on.

Heather

Marley Gibson said...

Huge CONGRATS sweetie!!!!!

stephhale said...

I'm so excited for you, tina!!!! Can't wait to see you.

Janie Emaus said...

Congrats, Tina. I'll there in spirit.

Anonymous said...

I'm chiming in here to say congrats to Tina! It's so cool to be nominated with you, and I still have my Buzz keychain I use every day and will always be a Buzz girl at heart! Can I be in some of the pictures, too?
~Simone (I haven't used blogger in so long i forgot my login name!)

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks so much, Heather, Marley, Steph and Janie!

And Simone, YOU KNOW you're going to be in those National pics! And I'm so glad you stopped by!