Friday, March 12, 2010

Don't you just love the first warm day after a harsh winter? Okay, so maybe you're reading this from Hawaii and just don't have the appreciation for a warm almost spring day like a Midwesterner. But here in Illinois, after a particularly cold winter, we've had two wonderful days in the 60's and I was ready to break out my shorts. But every year on the first really warm day we have, I do something kind of nutty.

I start trolling the Web looking at vacations. I can't help it. I'm a self-professed vacation-aholic. I can't help it. I blame my mother who took me to exotic locations like Cancun, Hawaii, and Orlando. Okay, so Orlando might not be considered exotic to most but when you live in a cornfield, like I have most of my life, it's pretty dang exotic. My vacation hunting is particularly distressing this year as we need a new roof. And as much as I would like to take my six-year-old up on his suggestion of just getting a big tarp to put over the roof, I don't quite think that's gonna do it. So unless I hit the lottery (even though I don't play) or a huge book deal (on an imaginary book that isn't written yet) comes through, all my vacations are going to be cyber-vacations this year. (Except for Nationals in Nashville, ye haw!)

What do you drool over on the web? Purses, houses, or does something else?

Tina and I also got some very exciting news this week. Her book, THE ABC'S OF KISSING BOYS and mine, SPRING BREAKUP, are both finalists in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence.
If you haven't read these two amazing books yet, what the heck are you waiting for? ;)
xo,
Stephanie



7 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Steph, thanks for chatting up our book finals--and congrats again to you!

As far as online fantasy surfing, I, too, love to look at vacation spots. Right now my husband and I are looking to book a couple of trips, but believe me, the expensive places I keep checking are not gonna happen!

Marley Gibson said...

HUGE CONGRATS to Steph and Tina!!! Soooooo proud of you ladies! Hugs! = )

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Congrats to both of you!

mariska said...

Wohooo..Congrats to both of you ! WTG !

stephhale said...

Thanks, everybody!

Wendy Toliver said...

Congratulations on being finalists in the Gayle Wilson award of excellence! How exciting.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, everyone, and congrats right back at YOU, Charity!