Thursday, March 04, 2010

Spring and News!

Yay! Look at these plum blossoms on a tree in Seattle. Isn't that awesome. Spring is here in the NW!

I think Spring is a great time of year. I love the birds chirping, the sun warming your back when you walk around town. I love the subtle scent of flowers and trees. I love the longer days. Daylight savings is just two weeks away!

So, in addition to the sunlight making me smile, I had some good news that you may have heard already, but I thought I would post in case any Buzz readers hadn't read it yet...

Author of the soon to be released THE CLEARING, Heather Davis’s next YA novel, WHEREVER YOU GO, the heart-breaking story of the ghost of a boy trying to make contact with the girl he left behind, who discovers that the girl’s ailing, Alzheimer’s-stricken grandfather alone can hear him and act as his spirit guide, to Julie Tibbott at Harcourt, for hardcover publication in Fall 2011, by Stephen Barbara at Foundry Literary + Media. (NA)

I love my editor over at Harcourt, so this is going to be another great project together. And my great agent, Stephen -- he's so awesome. I'm incredibly lucky to have these great peeps in my life. And, of course readers and the Buzz Girls! Thank all of you for helping make my dream real.

Hugs,


Heather
http://www.heatherdavisbooks.com/
The Clearing -- April 2010 HMH
Wherever You Go -- Fall 2011 Harcourt
Never Cry Werewolf -- HarperTeen Sept 2009

6 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Everything's coming up roses, Heather! (Okay, plum blossoms!) Anyway, big congrats!

Morgan said...

I wish we had plum blossoms coming up where i live. They look beautiful in the picture, though. And congratulations to Heather for her next YA book-I can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Your next book sounds fabulous! Congrats! The blossoms are beautiful. I live in Michigan and right across the street from the apple orchards, so I can't wait until spring is in full throttle here :o)

Marley Gibson said...

Whoooohoooo and congrats to my Houghton Mifflin Harcourt sistah! So proud of you! = )

Wendy Toliver said...

Huge congratulations, heather! I'm so excited!

Heather Davis said...

Thanks, guys!

xo,

Heather