Monday, March 14, 2011

True Blood: Better Late Than Never!

I have been a fan of author Charlaine Harris for many years, starting with a couple southern mysteries she wrote in the 1980's (Sweet and Deadly, A Secret Rage), and going through her cozy series. But I stopped short at Sookie Stackhouse because as a general rule, vampire stories are just not my thing.

Of course, I’d heard all the raves about the HBO program based on the series, True Blood. And recently I caught a little and decided to start back at Season 1, Episode 1 and give it a go...


And wow, hot stuff and great plot twists and lotza drama. But I will admit that I put a sofa cushion over my face when it starts getting all bloody...

I might have to get the whole book series now, too.

Who else is watching True Blood?

Tina

Tina Ferraro
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
How to Hook a Hottie
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys
www.tinaferraro.com

8 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

Tina,
I'm a True fan! But I too, hide my face during some of the really bloody scenes. Just wait until you see what happens!

Kelsey said...

I hide my face more during the heated scenes LOL the blood I have less of a problem watching. Wow, what does that say about me?

stephhale said...

We love True Blood. Eric is such a hottie. And I just love Lafayette's character!

Zoraida Cordova said...

Sometimes it gets too IN YO FACE! But I think it's because they keep trying to top themselves. The only way to go, is bloodier, it seems.

TinaFerraro said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one hiding my eyes. And yes, Steph, Eric is a hottie... and Lafayette lights up the screen! Kinda liking Jason, too...

Me said...

Me too! (Eric-Eric-Eric) And I've acquired (but not yet read) the first couple of books since watching the first two seasons. I don't have HBO now so I'm way behind, but I'm a definitely fan.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Tera, and that's another "vote" for Eric! Looking forward to more scenes with him...

Heather Davis said...

Tina, I know so many people into this show! I read one of the novels a million years ago and liked it, but I've never sat down to watch the series... maybe I should!