Saturday, July 07, 2007

Homecoming!

Homecoming at my high school was always a big production -- and to be honest, I didn't really get into it until my junior year. That year, I helped on the committee and designed some of the "bleacher" decorations we made -- winning the junior class first place, I might add. :)

But the Homecoming dances were always a bit of a disaster. The worst was that same junior year when the guy I took to Homecoming (he was a friend, or so I thought) argued with me over dinner (about the politics of vegetarianism -- he was NOT on the veggie side like I was) and then, when we said goodnight on my porch and I offered him a chaste kiss on the cheek, he was all, "That's it?"

"Uh... we're friends. What did you expect?" was my pithy reply.

So, yeah... not the most romantic date or ending.

My dress did rock that year, though. It was a vintage late fifties cocktail dress of black jaquard material with a hidden pink silk flap that you saw when I walked and it had accents of pink piping that matched. It was very Audrey. I came across that dress in preparing to move to the big city last summer and bemoaned the fact I could no longer fit into that swank little number.

Oh, well. So, hooray for Steph's book release!! I can't wait to read about Aspen and her escapades. I'm so proud of you Steph!

Hugs!

Heather

Heather Davis is the author of
Never Cry Werewolf
coming in 2008 from HarperCollins!

3 comments:

stephhale said...

Heather, that dress sounds gorgeous! Don't feel bad I can't get a leg in anything I wore in HS. Your "friend" sounds like he was a total jerk! :)

Marley Gibson said...

Heather...LOL on the vegetarian debate over dinner and not kissing your date enough...that's classic!

Heather Davis said...

Yep. He was (and is apparently) still kind of a jerk. I found him on myspace and he wouldn't friend me! As if!!