Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm a real girl when it comes to sports...

So you can imagine the fear I am beginning to feel at having two toddlers that are so incredibly active they will surely play every sport known to man. Luckily, my husband doesn't sit around watching sports all the time, but he does love baseball. Especially the Saint Louis Cardinals. So my hottie sports guy is Albert Pujols (pronounced- pooh holes) at least that's how my hubby taught our boys to say it. Check him out.





Pujols is all the rage in St. Louis, which was very obvious when we visited there last weekend. The Cardinals, who won the 2006 World Champions, just got a brand new stadium last year. Even for a non-sport lover like me, I had to admit, the stadium is gorgeous!




I know that Pujols plays first base and is really good, but if you are looking for stats, you're here on the wrong day. Seriously though, how cool would it be to play your favorite game and get paid for it? I bet it's almost as good as getting paid to make up stories.

Pujols doing a little OJ humor before practice. Sorry, I couldn't resist. He's hot though, right? That is what I am slowly starting to appreciate about sports. Even though I may not have a clue what is going on, the scenery ain't all bad! And if your significant other is always hogging the remote watching sports and you can't ever agree on a movie, I have a suggestion, try Fever Pitch. It really is an adorable movie that appeals to baseball lovers & lovers of chick flicks!

What I'm reading...Dream Factory by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler

xo,
Steph
REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN, OUT NOW~~~~~~~

5 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I love FEVER PITCH--great movie! And this guy's something to "write home about", too. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I feel so lucky. My husband can't understand why regular networks play sports when they have a channel for that. I don't ask him why regular networks play science fiction shows when there's a sci-fi channel (which would totally ruin his poor logic) because we both have zero interest in sports and major interest in Science Fiction. He's my perfect guy.

alexgirl said...

I don't like sporty guys that much. Too muscley. (Guess that's why I married a physicist!)

But seriously: If my name was "Poo-holes" I would definitely change it. That's gotta lead to major therapy!

Brent~Jamie~Ansley~Ace said...

Good to see some sports on this blog. I can't comment on the cuteness or hotness of another man, but my wife thinks Josh Beckett is a good looking guy. Baseball is a great sport, but you got the team ALL wrong. The Boston Red Sox are the team to focus on. In fact, the Red Sox beat the Cardinals in the '04 World Series. Watch FEVER PITCH- it's all about the Sox.

Me said...

Oooh, yummy Steph!!! I have a funny story about baseball hotties.

My friend (who shall remain nameless) has a little girl who was probably three when this happened. My friend's husband loves sports and, of course, wants his daughter to watch sports with him. They were watching a game one day and the daughter pointed at the pitcher and said, "He's hot." Dad said, "He doesn't look hot. He's not sweating or anything." Then he thought about it and asked, "Do you mean he's cute?" The daughter nodded. When dad asked where she'd heard that, she said, "Mommy."

True story. =)

Hugs,
TLC