Friday, July 13, 2007

Marley's Friday Adventures

Today was a busy day filled with workshops, Steph's first Berkley booksigning (she sat six seats away from Nora Roberts and feared for her life when they opened the doors and hundreds of women practically destroyed everything in their path to get to her)! Here's Marley being silly with a fresh tulip in her mouth.


Here is me (steph) with my fabulous editor, Cindy Hwang. I stick these in because I can and none of the buzz girls can stop me! (insert evil giggle here).
This is what Tera does when she is supposed to be mingling with important Penguin people.


The Knight Agency babes partying at the Penguin/NAL cocktail party. Marley enjoyed a Buzz Girl Bomb(a special cocktail that we forced the bartender to make in her honor. Okay, not really, this is fiction people).




Marley had way too many special cocktails and proceeded to make out with an unidentified male at the party. Sorry, Mike. We tried to stop her. Rumor has it he is a powerful force on the NYC publishing scene. Rumor also has it that he promised her a six figure deal on her next series so maybe the infidelity was excusable.


Stephanie's amazing book club (Chix N' Lil) sent her a bottle of champagne (which is nearly empty as I type) and chocolate-covered strawberries. They are the freaking bomb!
DISCLAIMER: THE BUZZ GIRLS DO NOT ENCOURAGE DRINKING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES UNTIL YOU REACH THE AGE OF 21, UNLESS YOU LIVE IN GERMANY. ALCOHOL SHOULD ONLY BE CONSUMED IN MODERATION. NONE OF THE BUZZ GIRLS EVER DRANK BEFORE TURNING 21.
WE RESUME YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING NOW.
Marley got sloshed and tried to jump into the gorgeous hotel water fountain. Tera sacrificed herself to save her cuz that's how the buzz girls buzz. :) See ya tomorrow!






10 comments:

Marley Gibson said...

Oh...my...God. That Marley is out of hand!!!!

LOL...love that my agent and friends are playing along.

Do I get to go to the Ritas tomorrow night?

Love you guys!!!!

Jude said...

I just HAVE to know who Marley was making out with in order to secure the six-book deal, the Hollywood film, and the line of Marley Barbies.

Little Willow said...

I completely need the argyle sweater on the cover of Twisted Sisters!

alexgirl said...

Whoa. Marley sounds like a party machine! I'm totally ordering a Buzz Girl Bomb next time I go out.
Very cute pictures!! I love it.

Jude said...

I know Marley didn't behave herself last night during the RITAs and GHs -- or did she?! :)

Heather Davis said...

This was a great day! I was over at the Avon/Harper party, but it looks like things were rockin' at Penguin!

And dear readers... the agent in question requests to remain anonymous, but apparently he was quite taken with Marley Girl and challenges her hubby to a duel.

The agent is an undercover superhero, so this could be good fight... hee.

:) HD

Me said...

Hmmm, superhero versus super-hubby... That's a close one.

I feel I must point out that the photo of me and Marley is a SELF portrait (I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on appreciating my ability to take pictures of myself... and whoever's next to me).

Miss y'all already and can't wait for conference memories week!

Hugs all,
TLC

Marley Gibson said...

You guys made my week!!!!!

Wendy Roberts said...

whaaaa! I miss watching Mahhhley make a fool at herself at Nationals. Um, not that she does that every year or anything he he he.

I was at Thrillerfest instead of RWA this year. It was a Thrill but in a different this-party-is-run-by-guys kind of a way lol

Marley Gibson said...

Hey now, Wendy...I resemble that remark! LOLOL!!!

I can't tell you how many people have said, "I saw you in the fountain" at Nationals. I think people think I was *really* there! Hee hee!

= )