Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is It Spring Yet?

It’s not even the end of January, and I’m already craving spring. It’s raining all the time, of course – and down in California, the rain is really, really bad for peeps like Tina, living up in the fire-scarred hills. Hugs to Tina! I’m so sorry your family is dealing with this flooding again. Sending you love…

Up here in the Northwest, it’s just steady, dripping, depressing rain. That does mean snow in the mountains, so people who ski and snowboard have a completely different take on the whole weather thing than I do.

It is a perfect time to read though. The rain, dark evenings, fireplaces, hot tea or coffee brewing nearby, make me want to get to some of the really fun books in my to-be-read pile. Of course, I’m in the middle of judging a contest, so I’m ready contest entries instead of books.


I did start Carlos is Gonna Get it by Kevin Emerson a week or so ago and I can’t wait to get back to it. I’m halfway through and it’s really, really good. I’m using it like dessert now – a chapter for reward when I’ve finished my contest reading.

How about you? I’d love to see what everyone’s reading during this dreary end of winter. Please post in comments what you’re reading!

Who knows, maybe you’ll lead us to a new gem to pick up at the bookstore or library…

Hugs,


Heather
http://www.heatherdavisbooks.com/
The Clearing – April 2010 HMH
Never Cry Werewolf – Sept 2009 HarperTeen

4 comments:

Marjolein Reads said...

Great post, so to read I'm not the only one craving spring! Hope you can return home soon safely, Tina!
I just became a library member again yesterday, after I wasn't for a few years. At the moment I am reading the dutch version of Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley and its a great book so far!

Wendy Toliver said...

I'm one of those who pray for snow but I will probably be getting the spring itch the next few weeks. I'm currently reading Shiver b/c I already finished reading my contest entries! :) (They were soooo good, BTW!)

Heather Davis said...

I'm knee deep in contest entries, too, Wendy. I loved Ghost Girl, Marjolein, though I read it in English, of course. ;)

Ms. Yingling said...

I'm really excited about Kate Brian's Ex-Mas since I've been reading so many boy books. Also found out that Ellen Schreiber's new series is going to be about werewolves, which is good because that is the hot new topic in my library.