Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winner Announced!

Wow. To quote one of my favorite comediennes (Chelsea Handler), "What a whirlwind!" Last week was so much fun and I'm thankful to all the Buzz Girls for their wonderful features. I bet you all know more about me than you ever wanted to now, ha ha!


Today is a very special day for one of the TV programs I mentioned in the post Heather put together for Thursday. The Simpsons has made it to 20 years! 20 years with the same core people, the same TV network, the same irreverent, silly, quirkiness. "Long before now, endruging life for 'The Simpsons' and its brightly jaundiced folk was simply assumed. What began 20 years ago as a fluke then erupted into a pop-culture juggernaut has continued to spin yarns, spawn characters and lampoon society with no end in sight." -Frazier Moore of the Associated Press. Congratulations to Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons.


And here's some more buzz: Ellen DeGeneres will be an American Idol judge this season, which starts Tuesday, Jan. 12. I, for one, am excited because I think it will breathe some new energy into the show, which is one of my (many) guilty pleasures.



Now, without further ado, I will announce the winner of the $10 Borders/Waldenbooks gift card. There were nearly 60 entries! My son wrote the names of each entry onto little pieces of paper and shook a bowl vigorously and drew the paper with ... YA Book Nerd written on it. Woot! Congrat's, YA Book Nerd. If you'd be so kind as to email me at roxyinlights at yahoo . com with your mailing address I'll send it on its merry way. Thank you to everyone who commented! What a treat to get to know each of you a little better. :)

Have a great week, everybody! xoxo

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats to the winner!!

I stopped watching American Idol years ago, it just got old to me. Maybe having Ellen as a judge will refresh ratings!

As for The Simpsons, still one of my top 10 shows. I started watching it when I was probably 8 or 9 (I'm 22 now).

TinaFerraro said...

Congrats, Book Nerd!

Ellen will be a great American Idol judge!

And congrats on such a fun week, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for YA Book Nerd. I follow her blog and we're FB friends! It was such a cute idea to have you son pull the name out of a hat.

Wendy Toliver said...

Emily, I agree AI is getting old. Fingers crossed Ellen can work some magic! And my 9 yo son (the one in the pic) just bought a huge collection of used Simpsons DVDs so it's even popular with the youngsters.
Thanks, Tina!
And proseandkahn, we actually filmed the drawing and I was going to post the video but I guess I have a lot to learn b/c it didn't work. Oh well, Maybe next time! And it was cute b/c he memorized how to spell the ones who commented multiple times and even did some math to figure out who all had the best chances. Good times at the Toliver breakfast table! :)